NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Continuing To Work On Burying Stuff I've Written Online

As I continue to work on burying (or kind of burying) and/or figuring out what to do with stuff I've written from the "write-anything" days of "writing sites" with few, or no, clear-cut guidelines of what contributors were "supposed to be" writing; I continue kind of regretting that I didn't keep a nice, tedious, uninteresting, diary-type-of-thing related to the subjects for which I've now set up my "notebook blogs".

One problem I now face with those is that I don't know where to begin because those "notes" amount to years of minor experiences that add up, but it's only since a) they've added up enough, and b) I decided to take a certain approach with writing, that I realized it would have been good to have gotten things down as they were in that process of adding up, little by little.

I still have reasons for not just deleting all the old stuff that I have no real plans for.

As things are now (at least with regard to the stuff that I've written "just for myself" ) I don't particularly care if anyone reads any of it one way or another (which is one reason I'm in no particular hurry to just delete all kinds of stuff)

There are people online who warn others not to use their own name in things like blog titles "because no one is likely to be searching for your name".  That's precisely why I've used my own name on things like this blog.  If someone knows me and for some reason wants to look up my name, fine.  Whatever there is to read is there.  I don't care if anyone reads it, so it's not as if I'm trying to hide stuff.  (If it was something I wanted to hide it wouldn't have online in the first place.)

In any case, there's no point writing yet more about not writing yet more.

No comments:

Post a Comment