NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Monday, September 7, 2015

A Note About Dates On Posts

While I don't want this blog to turn into (essentially) a reproduction of my Bubblews account, Bubblews (like HubPages) has made some dramatic changes over the last couple of years (few, even several, years in the case of HubPages; Bubblews is still only three (or so) years old).

There was one time when I didn't even know what people were "supposed to be writing" on Bubblews.  Then there was a time when a big change was made in the looks of the site and how people's home page/profile appeared.  At that time I decided - if nothing else - to limit the images that showed up with each of my posts because I figured my posts could be divided into three general categories.  Many old posts were hidden anyway.  With the changes, I just figured having limited "header" images gave a consistent look to the profile.  For the most part, many of my posts were more about the words than the need for images anyway.

Recently, Bubblews made yet another major change.  Now the "consistent-image-look/theme" isn't right any longer.  It isn't just the look of the site, but Bubblews has made it more clear what it is they want people to post (sort of, anyway).   The site has some (shall I say) "upheaval" in just the two years' since I've had my account there.  In any case (and with so much of my free-time writing or "other contributing"), I've got yet one other "bunch of mess" under yet another account/name.

Some of what I have on that site I will leave on the account (as long as the account, and site, are up and running).  As far as I know it's OK with Bubblews for people to copy their own own old stuff and leave it on the site.  The last I knew it was even OK to re-post one's own stuff as long as it had x-amount of new, original, material by the author posted with it.  Maybe that's changed.  Maybe it hasn't (yet).  Maybe I'll go to my account and, for one reason or another (maybe even this one) find the account closed.  In the meantime, it's not my plan to close account OR to post stuff on the site that really doesn't belong there.

I've been slow with new posts on there both because I've had other stuff to do and also because I plan to reserve that site for what I think the latest "social emphasis" is with regard to posting/socializing etc.
Other than that, I've deleted a number of things I had on that site, will probably delete more (of one kind or another) and may/may not copy them for my own use somewhere else (or not - who knows what to do with stuff these days anyway).

In keeping with the title of this blog, I suppose one could say that this particular "first-hand perspective" is on Bubblews - or at least on my own Bubblews account.

No comments:

Post a Comment