Someone on HubPages asked this question (somewhat differently), and I realized that it would may make a good Hub (who knows what makes a "good Hub" these days, but that's a subject for another time/place.
Anyway, since I've had real trouble coming up with ideas for both Hubs and Bubbles, I thought I'd write my quickie reply to that question as a Bubble. Later (when I'm in the mood to write what I think might make at least a reasonable, or sort of reasonable, Hub; I'll write that.

Between changes on HubPages, changes with Bubblews, and "an exhaustion thing" I've been living with for awhile now; I've just kind of stacked up a bunch of writing without knowing where, or if, to post it.
So anyway, while I know the world is full of groups of people who may be misunderstood, stereotyped, or otherwise presumed to "all be alike", here's my immediate response to that question; and I think it is only by being the mother of grown kids now that has made me realize how "bad" the matter of being misunderstood/misrepresented can actually be ( and at times, and in some cases/instances. I'd assume the problem is worse than it is in others)

I think, maybe, mothers, but I think it gets worse as children grow up and as life, in general, keeps going on. The most obvious reason may be that, like any other group, not all mothers think, or are, alike. Mothers may do a good job of making who/what they are understood by their younger kids (at least); but the world (and that includes the US) is full of so much BS about mothers that it's disgusting. So, when that, all kinds of "peripheral ignorance", and misogyny get mixed in with any bad information and/or axes-to-grind that people have with, toward, or about mothers (their own, or someone else's, or else every, mother), you've got a real mass-ignorance going on out there. What doesn't help is that there are things that the best mothers won't/can't say or do if they are to BE what they know they have to be, no matter what (and no matter who thinks what about them).

It's not that I think that mothers are the only misunderstood group. I imagine plenty of fathers are misunderstood as well. (For that matter, the world is full of children, grown or still kids, who are misunderstood by parents or others as well.) The fact that the world is full of groups of people who are misunderstood isn't the point here. The real point is, I think, that the problem of mothers' being misunderstood may be so widespread and hidden; it may well be at the root of so much of the undermining of very skilled, capable, loving, sensible, mothers that continues to go on.