NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Don't Say "Twitter" Around Me

Someone on another site asked if anyone uses Twitter.  I'm not in a great mood anyway, which means that venting about how useless I, personally, find Twitter gave my not-great mood an outlet for itself.  I'm a live-and-let-live person, and I understand that people have their own reasons for using a site like Twitter (or "socializing", and I use the term lightly) on the Internet.  BUT, there's the what we understand and try to respect, and then there's what we, personally, think about something.  My thoughts below are what I, personally, personally think about Twitter (at least for now - although I haven't changed my thinking about it in - what? - several years).

 Like so many other people, I set up an account "just in case".  I go there - like - every year or two (I think) and post a few things that have nothing to do with me but that are, at least, less than a couple of years old.  I don't "get" following celebrities or anyone else because they have their websites (I'm assuming). I hate the whole look and "atmosphere" of Twitter, and the word "HASHTAG" makes me sick.  I HATE it!!!!  Basically, I have no interest in big, giant, messes of what looks like nothing to me.  I'd close the account but I reserve the right to change my mind about what I see now as the useless of Twitter, and b) it isn't bothering anyone, I don't think.  Last I looked I had nine or ten "followers" who/that didn't give a rat's about anything but wildly hoping to get reciprocal followers by following.  I pretty much severely limit my own exposure to anything "social" on the Internet.  I refuse to pretend to be interested in people or things that I'm just not.  I know there are people who follow businesses for things like coupons (or whatever - that type of thing).  I'm all about "don't send me stuff, I don't want anything showing up in any "feeds", don't send me links that you think I might like (because most likely you don't have a clue about what I'm interested in at any moment.  If I want something I want to look for it myself.  I'm not lazy, know where to look, and don't have to be assaulted by a world of stuff I don't want by having stuff "fed".

When it comes down to it (and not-great mood or not, although the Internet and culture can be enough to make anyone's not-great mood even more "not-great"), anything that strikes me as a major case of sheep/following "everyone else" is something that kind of bugs me right from the start.

One of the reasons I spend more time doing things other than writing is that, little by little, I've been trying to really weed out what's "connected" and what isn't.  As I said, my Twitter page isn't bothering anyone (not even me). 

Not-great mood that I'm in, and realistic as I am about whether anyone is even going to find this particular blog post, I'm not going to post a link to my Twitter page.  It's truly nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment