NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Friday, April 29, 2016

Of Online Writing And The Science Of Living In A Unique Situation

For all the different types of writing I've done (online, offline, for myself, for someone else - whatever), the biggest challenge I've had is figuring out a way to present things that I've learned as a result of my own situation.  One issue has been that I'm only willing to post "so much" in terms of personal details.  That, however, is kind of the least of my challenges.  The real challenge has been that I live in a unique situation that's only really unique because of the combination and number of smaller elements/components that make it  up.

None of those smaller elements/components are, when it comes down to it, the least bit unique.  In fact, they're pretty common.  It's the combination of them that present the challenges to me because by them-selves none of the elements/components are all that difficult to present and/or understand (although a little more in-depth coverage of some of them might be useful to some people).

My problem with presenting them, however, is that basic "addressing" of them is done by any number of people in the world (including experts), but it's clear to me that with more than one of these elements together, presenting the issues changes.  In my personal situation all the components don't over-lap at the same time or in the same ways.  Sometimes they don't overlap at all.  Sometimes they do.   It has been ages that I've been trying to figure out a way to raise some points/issues that I really think might be useful to someone, but the whole "sometimes-overlaps" thing that's ever-changing has (as I've said) been a real challenge.  As a result, I've written any number of other things (worthwhile, not worthwhile, whatever).

Without allowing this post to turn into more of a whole, big, thing about my challenges in presenting insight/experience that I think could be useful to some people, I'll get to the real point of this post.

I kind of joked in the title about "the science" of it all, but now isn't the time to further explain what I mean by that.  (Bad title, I guess, but the title of this post isn't the point either.)

I've decided that the only way to present things is to create some new "notes" blogs (no clever titles, no fancy colors, just words/posts that will serve as a collection of isolated points (brief or long-winded) related to the blog's topic.  Although I imagine I'll stray with some posts (particularly if move posts that have already been written, but I'm going to try to write all new posts keeping in mind that they may need to be interchangeable/mix-and-match with any of the other blogs in the "notes" group.

They're brand new and have no posts on them right now, which is why I'm not posting any links or additional information here.  One does have a fairly substantial introductory section.  Some won't need much of an introduction or explanation.  I do, however, want to write one brief introduction/explanation that all of the "notes" blogs will have, as well as make moving from one to the other (for those interested in the larger picture) easily.

In the event Google ever sends out any human eyes (or non-human eyes, for that matter) to check for things like "doorway pages", I can assure anyone that these blogs are not going to be that (or anything else "funny").   

All that aside (and regardless of whether or not Google pays any attention to the zillions of people who have all kinds of peculiar blogs), I'm still in the process of figuring out which of my existing (older blogs) to delete, which to further develop, which to move, etc. etc.  I assume that the settings are such that they aren't bothering anyone right now.   Once I get this new set of "notes" blogs reasonably established and moving, I imagine some things from the old blogs may fall into place OR I'll be in a better position to further develop some of the older blogs by using what I hope will be a nifty mix-and-match approach to new posts (regardless of where any posts end up).

No comments:

Post a Comment