NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Monday, August 29, 2016

An Update On Writing Organizing

For some time, and after years of different types of writing "for myself" online. I've continued to try to sort and "phase out" any number of different types of writing or "phase in" one thing as it gets phased out of somewhere/something else.  I won't go into any number of locations for some of the material.  In fact, some of it isn't even really "phasing" anywhere but into trash.  Then again, some stuff can either be used better somewhere else.  Also, however, with a big mix of so much stuff it's just kind of sensible not to trash or delete stuff too hastily.

Also, there are some things that I may not want to trash and may actually end up further developing.  What I mostly want to get rid of is the stuff that's just all under my name, without consistency, rhyme or reason.

With an old pen name and a gradual transition from that, and with some stuff that (for whatever it is or isn't worth) was somehow tied together with one or another thing in common, I've tried to kind of tie some things together (sometimes with something like an image that indicates where something was originally posted).

Ultimately none of the "thread-tying" may matter, but it has, at least until now, served a few different purposes as I've been doing the "phasing-in/phasing-out/transitioning thing".

None of the "thread thing" is an issue with some blogs that stand on their own and aren't just "general writing" of one kind or another, but I've had my reasons for just kind of dumping one thing or another one place or another, not bothering with any of the formalities or "niceties" of blog management; and just making sure there was some version of cohesiveness to it all (if only for my own purposes, but also just in case anyone, for one reason or another, wanted to find something that was moved.

Layer by layer, I've gradually transitioned stuff with the aim of getting it all unified, or at least  unified enough that someone (myself included) would start on one page and, if necessary, easily get to, maybe, one other page/type of writing.

As things have developed this blog is now very much focused on a mix of online writing efforts, with some old stuff that I've added with the idea of removing much of it from wherever it presently exists.  Even that stuff is a mess, and I need to clean it up, remove it, or maybe post it under "fresh terms"; but for now it isn't bothering anyone.

For now I do have a few of those "threads" on this page/blog, although I've gradually phased away from too much use of those too.   While I may eventually change the appearance of this blog I do need it to be that "central place" for some old, not so old, and/or future online writing efforts/activities.

Having the primary focus of being a "central place" is different from being one, single, blog for posts that are for the purpose of writing posts (rather than writing posts about online writing efforts in general).

As it is now (or at least until some newer efforts take better shape) I have no plans to phase out or delete this blog.    As I said, I may change its look as time moves on and the orange-flower "thread" no longer makes much sense.  When I have time, or when the time is right, I'll start de-emphasizing/deleting some things that lead back to truly phased out stuff.  (Maybe this last statement is a more a "note-to-self" type of thing...).

In the meantime, I've dug out one of my other "author-name" blogs and plan to use it just to write/post on (and paying more attention to some of those formalities/"niceties" that I've not bothered with by using my temporary-dumping-ground approach.

For now, I'm sending a copy of this particular post to that blog .  I'll probably alter the blog description and/or slightly alter the name at some point.

That blog (for now) is "Posts By ME Whelan".  Needless to say, there's not much on it, but that's the whole point.  I just want a simple, clean, place to post when the mood strikes me and separate posts/material about online writing efforts from posts about/related to other subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment