NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Just When I Think I'm Making Progress With The Old, Online-Writing, Mess....

I've stayed away from my HubPages accounts mostly because I don't even know what to do with them (particularly the one that's heading on nine years old at this point).    I just had reason to go looking around a little them, only to discover things like videos that were once working well (even though not exactly my idea of the "greatest" videos in some cases), only to discover that not all are working.

It matters more on some types of things than it does on others.  It's all fine.  I had no problem whatsoever with any number of the recent changes that have gone with HubPages.  I really don't.  It's just that my stuff is old or on the old side (before Hubpages new niche sites, or at least before there were more than a very limited number of them.

Most of the time when I find things (in my accounts) like broken links I just "temporarily" (that's what I tell myself, anyway) delete the broken links and leave whatever non-broken ones are there.  If it's a case where the link (or video) is kind of the main point of the Hub I see no reason to leave the Hub published (at least at the present time).  I can't see leaving a big, black, non-working, "video screen" on the page.

It's too late right now to worry about it (although I will say that with all our 90-degree days (varying humidity) it is nice to have the cool night air coming in and getting some things done while it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment