NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Monday, August 1, 2016

Continuing To Try To Both Phase Away From Old Material While Also Freshening Up Some Of It While Also Working On New Stuff (While Also Being VERY Careful Not To Re-Do This "Carpal-Tunnel Thing")



Not too long ago I ran into someone's remarks online, and they kind of made me laugh.  The person who made the remarks wasn't aiming them at me, but it struck me as funny.  The person said something like, "You people must live on here."  These days I pretty much do "live on" my computer, but not the Internet (or at least not anywhere on the Internet that doesn't involve a mostly inactive window or two that I leave up whenever I feel like getting away from the isolation of working on my own stuff and seeing if anything new/different has shown up on one or two old, familiar, sites.

I actually always have a window up for this blog as well, but since I've carefully set things up in a way that means there's nobody on here but me, that pretty much means that if I don't add something new here then nothing (needless to say) happens here.

In any case, I noticed the July 17 date on the most recent post and figured I'd write this newer post as my way of at least indicating that all has not been abandoned here.  I don't want to just post for the sake of posting because my aim is to make some order out of the mess of what is now eleven years' worth of writing (as far as the old stuff goes), get some new stuff more fit for being online at all, but also (and ultimately) to get this blog to what I want it to be.

To be honest, the only real reason I'm posting now (besides the fact that the last post is so old) is freshen the page by using one of my "post banners" that I've designed for posts that are not worthy of a title, lables, etc.).

The trouble with "living on" one's computer is that until one's "carpal tunnel thing" improves and stays improved substantially, not a lot of productivity goes on.  Having "re-done" and made worse this wrist-sprain thing I have a few too many times, I'm being very selective about how much time I spend on the computer and how, exactly, I spend that time.  My "just-a-thought" "banner" isn't entirely right for a post like this one.  I'll think up a more appropriate one for this particular kind of post some other time.



No comments:

Post a Comment