NOTE

As I continue to work on things away from this blog (which is a collection of Free-Time/Casual Online Writing, Remarks, And Notes By ME Whelan) and continue to figure out what goes and what stays of my existing online-writing, the de-emphasizing of one or another continues as well....

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Brief But Kind of Fascinating Video of Underwater Creatures

February 15, 2014 The New England Aquarium site has some brief but kind of mesmerizing videos that show some of their creatures in action. The site has a lot more than just the videos, but I just ran into it when I was searching for images of the American Flag fish, which is a predatory killfish that at times looks so much like the American flag it can make one wonder if it's fake.

Sometimes the American Flag fish looks mostly silver "with red trim". At other times (or at least in other images) it doesn't really even look all that colorful. It caught my eye in an ad for an exhibit that showed up on television, which led me to look up what kind of fish it was - which then has led me to have some interest in the fish (but also in the exhibits at New England Aquarium).

In any case, I just found the videos interest (and kind of mesmerizing) to watch, so I thought I'd post the link here. (It's a .org site, so I'm not making any money by posting the link, by the way.)

I didn't really (or at least quickly enough) see the American Flag fish in action on that site, but maybe that's just because I didn't look long enough. Either way, that particular fish isn't really the point. The point is that the site (but particularly the videos, and even in their brevity) kind of fascinating.

www.neaq.org/animals_and_exhibits/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment